" "

If your answers are yes to any of these questions, please call our office to discuss the specifics of your individual case.

  1. Were one of your parents or grandparents citizens of the United States? If so, you may already be a citizen.
  2. Is your profession listed on the NAFTA list of professions? If so, you may be able to work in the United States if you can find an employer to hire you.
  3. Have you worked in a managerial or supervisorial position for a Mexican affiliate of a company that you could work for in the United States? If so, you may be eligible for an L-1 visa for managers or executives. This can be a fast track to a green card.
  4. Do you have a bachelors degree? If not, do you have at least three years of work experience in the same field in which you would be working in the United States for each year you are missing from your bachelors degree? So, for instance, if you only went to University for two years, then you would need six years of work experience in your field. If you can answer yes to any of these questions, you would be eligible for an H1B visa.
  5. Would your future employer in the United States be willing to create a training program if they do not already have one? If so you may be to get a J-1 visa to come to the United States.
  6. Does the company you work for have substantial US – Mexican trade? If so, you may be eligible for an E1 trader or investor visa.
  7. Or, you can come over on a B1 business visa or B2 Tourist Visa. Please see our blog entry on these visas to know how to qualify.

Scott McVarish, Lead Attorney at the Immigration Law Office of Los Angeles, is available for speaking engagements, interviews, seminars and trainings on this and many other immigration law topics. Providing pro bono (donated) legal services at such community education events are part of this law office’s “Giving Back” to the community philosophy.