" "

Question for Our Attorneys From a Reader:

If I have an H-4 visa, can I start a company and simply not take any income?


I’m presuming you are a spouse of an H1B visa holder. You could apply for your own H1B or other type of work or investment visa. Starting a company is trickier if there is any revenue. So, you could incorporate a business or do a DBA, but opening up the business and operating it would be prohibited. There may be other options, but it would take a fuller conversation to uncover what your options may be.

Read More: