Obtaining a green card through investment can be done if the investor meets certain requirements. The “green card” provides permanent resident status for the entrepreneur, allowing him or her to stay in the United States and help the business grow. An experienced Los Angeles EB-5 investor attorney can help you get the visa you need.
In order to seek permanent residency via an EB-5 visa, an investor must meet certain requirements. They include:
- investing in a “new commercial enterprise,”
- creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for U.S. workers,
- investing at least $1,000,000 USD or, as an alternative, $500,000 USD in a “targeted employment area.”
Up to 10,000 EB-5 investor visas may be authorized each year. An investor may be eligible to receive permanent resident based on investment if the above conditions are met and:
- the investor has an approved Form I-526, Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur,
- the investor is admissible to the United States,
- an immigrant visa is immediately available.
The application process differs whether you live inside or outside the United States, although the requirement to file Form I-526 remains the same. If you are within the United States, working with an experienced immigration law attorney to adjust your status to that of a permanent resident can help the process go more smoothly. In addition to Form I-526, you will have to file Form I-485 and provide supporting evidence if you are within the U.S. Your attorney can help you build supporting evidence to build a strong application. Contact our office at (213) 375-4084 to speak with our experienced Eb-5 immigration attorney.