" "

Each year, thousands of people from all over the world seek to become permanent residents of the United States. Many people do so by pursuing their “green card,” which grants the recipient permanent resident status, through an “adjustment of status through family.”
Los Angeles Green Card
An “adjustment of status through family” allows a foreign national to obtain a green card based on his or her relationship with a family member who is also a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. You may be eligible for an adjustment of status through family if you are:

  • An immediate relative who is a U.S. citizen. This includes a spouse, an unmarried child under age 21, or a parent who is 21 years of age or older.
  • A family member of a U.S. citizen who fits into a “preference category.” This includes unmarried children over age 21, married children of any age, and siblings who are 21 years of age or older.
  • A family member of a permanent resident or “green card holder.” This includes spouses and unmarried children belonging to the green card holder.
  • A member of one or more “special categories.” Special categories include battered spouses or children, K and V non-immigrants, persons born to foreign diplomats within the United States, and the widow or widower of a U.S. citizen.

At the Immigration Law Office of Los Angeles, P.C., our tireless immigration attorneys will help you seek the green card, visa, or other documents you need. Contact us today for a confidential consultation. Our number is (800) 792-9889.