" "

+1 (213) 375-4084 (US/INT)

Los Angeles Entertainment Visa Attorneys

O-1 Entertainment Visas

Los Angeles is a hub for actors, singers, comedians, performers, and many others looking to enter the entertainment industry from all over the world. However, immigrants to the United States will need to protect their rights and well-being through an immigrant visa specifically made for those in the United States for an entertainment career.

These are known as O-1 visas and are vital to those looking to find success in the entertainment industry. However, like any visa, there are many rules that must be followed in order to successfully protect your rights.

At the Immigration Law Office of Los Angeles, P.C., we provide consultations to those who call us toll free at (800) 792-9889. The information you gain from an experienced Los Angeles entertainment visa attorney can help you avoid serious complications and protect your rights.

Who Qualifies for O-1 Visas?

Typically, O-1 visas are reserved for people who have reached a high level of achievement or shown extraordinary abilities in entertainment. Additionally, you must be in the United States in an effort to continue working for your employer in the country.

However, extraordinary abilities and achievements can be difficult to define. While a consultation with our legal team can help you determine the facts in your unique case, there are multiple factors that apply to everyone’s application for an O-1 visa.

In order to qualify, you must meet at least three of the following guidelines:

  • Past performance as the lead or star of a production
  • Commercial or critically-acclaimed success
  • Recognition on a national or international scale
  • Membership in a distinguished organization
  • Continually high salary, both in the past and the foreseeable future
  • Recognition from critics, experts, or organizations

In order to prove that these qualifications apply to you, you will need an attorney who puts together a strong case show why you deserve to be granted an O-1 visa.

How Can an Entertainment Visa Help?

O-1 visas are designed to give people enough time to complete the work that brought them to the United States. When issued, the visa will give you an initial period of stay for one, two, or three years, depending on how long it will take to accomplish your goal. However, this can be extended through a Form I-129 petition in order to complete an event or activity that takes longer than the initial time period granted.

The benefits of an O-1 visa also extend to others in your life. Your spouse and under-21 children can apply for O-3 visas, which give them the same period of stay in the United States that you have been granted. While this does not allow them to work in the country, they are able to study on either a full or part-time basis.

Additionally, those that work for people with an O-1 visa can gain an O-2 visa, allowing them to stay in the U.S. while they support you and your work. These visas will help them to work in the U.S. in their entertainment-related roles, such as agents and assistants. In any of these cases, family and workers will need to go through their own application process to qualify, which must prove that they have one of these qualifying relationships with the approved O-1 applicant.

Aid from a Skilled O-1 Visa Attorney

If you are in the United States and are either looking to apply for an O-1 visa or are experiencing difficulties regarding one that you already have, do not wait to contact the Immigration Law Office of Los Angeles, P.C. at (800) 792-9889. The sooner a California O-1 visa attorney can start working on your case, the better chance you have of completely protecting your rights and preventing harm from being done to your career. With our assistance, your continued success can be protected year after year.

Share with a friend:

Employment based immigration image showing the statue of liberty

Read our Client Reviews on: