" "

+1 (213) 375-4084 (US/INT)

Los Angeles P Visas Attorney

How Our Office Will Handle Your P Visa Case

(Athletes/member or entertainment group/culturally unique artists, and support personnel and family members)

What Is a P Visa?

If you are an athlete or part of a entertainment group, you may find yourself traveling around the world throughout the year. However, laws in the United States concerning the rights of immigrants may interfere with of you accomplishing the work that you need to get done, both for the sake of your career or your organization as a whole.

However, there is a way to pursue your rights in your unique circumstances. You may be able to apply for and receive a visa in the P category, which grants rights to athletes, members of successful entertainment groups and culturally unique programs, and other artists/entertainers. But how do you know if you qualify?

By calling the Immigration Law Office of Los Angeles, P.C. at (800) 792-9889, you can receive a consultation from an experienced Los Angeles P entertainment visa attorney. Through our years of success, we have helped people from all types of backgrounds find success in the United States. We can provide our insight and resources to help you protect your rights year after year.

Do You Qualify for a P Visa?

In order to qualify for a P visa, you must be a one of several different types of athletes or entertainers.


As an internationally recognized athlete, you can receive a P-1A visa. In order to qualify, you must be coming to the U.S. to perform in a specific athletic competition, as either an individual or team member. This must be at a level of performance and skill that is recognized internationally.

As an individual, you must have achievements that are well known internationally or renowned. As a team member, the group must have received a significant amount of international recognition and the event has to be distinguished, with multiple teams that are internationally recognized.


A member of an entertainment group who is planning to come to the United States in order to perform for a limited amount of time can qualify for a P-1B visa. Unlike other types of visas, qualification for P-1B visas rests on the success of the group, rather than you as an individual. However, there are multiple qualifications that you must meet in order to find success in your application.

At least three of the following stipulations must be met.

  • Your entertainment group/organization is the star or lead of the upcoming production
  • The group has national or international recognition
  • The group is part of a distinguished organization
  • The group has a past history of critically-acclaimed or commercial success
  • Critics, experts, and/or organizations have given the group recognition
  • Group members received and will continue to receive high salary

Through gathering proof of your group’s history, recognition, and income, you can prove that it is internationally-recognized and you are deserving of a P visa.


P-2 visas can be given to entertainers or artists who are coming to the U.S. to perform under a reciprocal exchange program. This program must be between organizations in the U.S. and another country, but you can be performing as either an individual or group member.

The program must be recognized by the U.S. government and you must have skills that are seen as comparable to artists from the United States performing in other countries.


If you are coming to the United States to temporarily perform, coach, or teach as an artist or entertainer in a culturally unique program, you may fit into the category of the P-3 visa. This can be either as an individual or part of a group. However, you must be coming to the U.S. in order to take part in an ethnic, cultural, folk, theatrical, musical, or artistic presentation or performance.

The events that you are part of must help to promote understanding or development of the art form. This event/program can be either noncommercial or commercial.

How Can a P Visa Help You?

P visas provide various rights to individuals who are entering the United States, depending on which type of visa is obtained.

Under the P visas, you will be able to perform in the U.S. in order to complete your event, performance, or other activity that is in line with your career in sports or entertainment. Additionally, your family or workers who support you in your career can also receive visas. This will give them the right to stay in the United States throughout the time that you spend in the country. This allows them to support you and also study. However, these visas will also need applications.

Whatever visa you are seeking to obtain, you will need to create a convincing case that thoroughly shows you meet all needed guidelines. Only with the help of an experienced attorney can you create a successful case that avoids all potential pitfalls.

Finding Success in Your P Visa Application

If you or a loved one is looking to apply for a visa application, do not wait to get in touch with a Los Angeles P visa attorney. At the Immigration Law Office of Los Angeles, P.C., our legal team has protected countless residents who have faced difficult opposition and countless roadblocks on the path to protect their rights. To learn more through a consultation, call (800) 792-9889.

Related Articles:

Share with a friend:

Read our Client Reviews on: